Date: February 13, 2017
Place: University of Florida IFAS Extension Room B
Quorum Present: YES
Board Members Present:
B.E. Davis, Jr. -Supervisor Seat 5 / Chairman
Mack Glass -Supervisor Seat 1
Tom Stadsklev -Supervisor Seat 3 / Treasurer
Greg Hall -Supervisor Seat 2
Steve Basford -Supervisor Seat 4
Lola Allard (Jackson SWCD), Tom Batey (JSWCD/OAWP), Mark Miles (JSWCD/MIL), Daniel Stanley (FDACS), Ethan Carter (Jackson Co. IFAS Ext.), Doug Mayo (Jackson Co. IFAS Ext.)
- The meeting of the Jackson SWCD was called to order.
- Minutes of the October 18, 2016 meeting - reviewed by the Board and approved as submitted.
- Finance Report - reviewed by the Board and approved as submitted.
- FDACS Mobile Irrigation Lab - Mark Miles gave a brief summary of services provided to producers in Area 1 along with the MIL expected deliverables and progress.
- FDACS OAWP Technician - Tom Batey gave a report on his activity with regard to the TECHNICIAN contract with FDACS and the Jackson SWCD.
- FDACS Contracts - Daniel Stanley updated the Supervisors on Contract obligations and goals.
- Ethan Carter presented a request for support/endorsement and a potential monetary donation to assist with projected goals and the cost of meals for several upcoming “crop” meetings. The requested amount is $500.00 but “anything that the Board would approve will be greatly appreciated”. Supervisor Tom Stadsklev made a motion to approve $500.00 be awarded for this endeavor. Supervisor Mack Glass seconded motion and motion carried.
- Doug Mayo discussed UofF IFAS Extension Office events and goings on.
- A request for membership from the National Association of Conservation Districts was presented to the Board for approval. Supervisor Steve Basford made a motion to approve the $100.00 level membership with NACD. Greg Hall seconded and motion carried.
- Action Items:
- Direct Deposit for MIL payroll
- Florida Retirement for MIL technicians
- Shirts/Hats/Jackets with Jackson SWCD logo
- Records request from Darren Council (Edge Point)
- By Laws for Jackson SWCD
- With no further business to discuss, the meeting was adjourned.